Get in touch!
If you have a project in mind or would like to get in touch, drop me a line or give me a call.
For more information or to request a quote, please fill out the following form.
Trëma Lingua uses the personal data you provide to answer your questions and requests for quotes. By filling out this form, you agree to be contacted by Gaële Gagné, whom you can reach by email at email@example.com. To find out more about the management of your personal data and your rights, please read the Data Protection Policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of projects can you help me with?
My core business is translation, exclusively from English to French. Specialised in marketing, international trade and corporate communication, I can adapt your copy and content to engage a French audience.
In addition, I offer other language services such as proofreading and editing of content translated or written in French, localisation for the French market, transcreation (cultural adaptation of advertising and marketing content), copy and content writing optimised for the web.
Tell me about your goals: together we will define the custom package of services you need in order to achieve them.
What information do you need from me?
Before I can start working on a project, I need to know as much as possible about the content you need to adapt, translate or create in French: why was it written? Will it be printed or published? Who will read it? Are you using specific terminology? … Our first conversation enables me to gain a better understanding of your target audience and strategy to word my writings accordingly. I will also ask you for a contact point within your organization in case I have some questions or need clarifications during the project.
What can I expect when working with you?
My terms and conditions are detailed in Trëma Lingua’s terms and conditions, but in a nutshell, here is how it usually works:
- If you are interested in my language services, call me or fill out the online quote request form. I will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your project over the phone.
- Based on our conversation or your brief I will provide you with a detailed quotation. All quotes are guaranteed for a month, detail the services included and specify the time necessary to perform them.
- If you wish to proceed, let me know by signing and returning the quote (by mail or email), I will then confirm the project timeline.
- Once the work is completed, I proofread it thoroughly. If you request it, I can arrange for a quality check by an external proof reader (for an additional fee).
- For a transcreation, I will provide you with a document explaining my choices (rationale), including multiple options for certain deliverables (slogans and taglines) and back translations if necessary.
- After receiving the deliverables, you will have the opportunity to request changes, which I will perform free of charge for two rounds of post-delivery editing.
- Once we are all happy, I send you the final documents along with my invoice.
- Standard payment terms are 30 days from the invoice issue date
How long will it take?
That depends on the extent and the complexity of your project. I usually translate 300 finished words per hour (proofreading included) but writing or transcreating will take a lot longer as it involves extensive research and creativity. That is why I need to talk to you before providing a quotation. It allows me to accurately estimate the time I need to complete your assignment. Once I give you a deadline, there will be no surprises: I am committed to deliver on time … no matter what!
How much do you charge?
Translation quotes can be based on the number of words of the source text (in English) but generally, my quotations are tailored to your project based on the estimated time necessary to perform all the services included. My rates are competitive and reflect the quality of my work. They always include a thorough proofreading and vary depending on the complexity of the different tasks and the requested timeline. A very urgent project requiring me to work at night or during a weekend will be charged with a rate 25% higher than a regular project. A minimum fee is charged for short translations (less than 300 words). To know exactly how much I would charge for your project, request a quote.
How do I pay you?
Unless stated otherwise, payments must be made within 30 days the from invoice date. You can pay me in euros or in other currencies. I prefer bank transfers, but you can also pay by cheque or by credit card using Paypal (only if the amount of your invoice is less than 300 €). In all cases, the costs associated with the chosen method of payment will be your responsibility. All the necessary information will be included on your invoice.
I am in a hurry. How do I get in touch with you?
Call me right away at +33 (0)6 30 43 94 10. I will be glad to help!
I am a fellow translator. Do you have some tips to share?
I provide business and marketing training for freelance translators and write a blog in French on creating and managing a translation business that you can find at wwww.tradupreneurs.fr. You should find some answers there, but if not, don’t hesitate to call!